Like many, I do NOT accept the results we are getting from our traditional middle and high schools.
The students who graduate from secondary schools need to be ready to move on, building on their strengths, making a positive difference in the world.
I am an educational activist, ON FIRE to recreate educational opportunities and schools that see, hear, and value each student.
- 20-40% drop out rates
- Climbing mental health issues
- Students not prepared for college or the workplace
- Achievement gap for our students of color or with special needs
- Sink-or-swim classrooms
the policy or action of using vigorous campaigning to bring about political or social change.
“growing activism on the abortion issue”
What programs and products am I “vigorously” creating and leading to be an educational activist?
- LEADPrep – Leadership Preparatory Academy, an innovative micro-school where teens thrive
- My book, Creating Micro-Schools for Colorful Mismatched Kids: A Step-by-Step Process that Empowers Frustrated Parents to Innovate Education
- The Micro-School Coalition, a collaboration with other educational activists and small school leaders
- My Build Your Micro-School Course
- The Education Evolution Podcast
- Educational Alternatives/Small School Mastermind–coming January 2021!
I work with a small community of educational innovators to support needed change.
Join my community…we have lots of work to do…NOW.